Thursday, February 3, 2011

My 2011 Playlist (Jan/Feb)

1. Muse, Uprising. I love them. That is all. This is a carry over from 2010,

2. Florence and the Machine, Dog Days are Over- I listen to the Kane Show in the morning and I swear to God that all the music sounds the same. It's nothing but poppy,dance auto tune crap. I was very excited when this band came on the scene last summer. It's refreshing.

3. Britney Spears, Hold it Against Me-I can't help it. I still loves me some Britney. Her new CD coincidently comes out 5 days before my birthday..hint, hint ;) (Don't be judging. We all have our things)

4. The Civil Wars, Barton Hollow-When you need to chill, bust out this CD. You won't be disappointed. Unless you love the auto tune drivel mentioned above only...then you won't.

5. Journey, Don't Stop Believing/Faithfully- Admit it, you all rock out to Journey. Get those fists pumping in the air and raise up the lighters. I listen to both of these and sing at the top of my lungs. My poor car is probably glad it has no sense of sound.

6. Maria Mena, All This Time- I have an obsession with Scandinavian bands and singers. This song is simple, the lyrics are great and if you aren't smiling by the time it's over, you are too stressed, grab a drink.

7. Dresden Dolls, My Alcoholic Friends- I love the whole German Cabaret vibe of the Dolls. They are different and that is a good thing.

8. Hurt, Wars- Found this gem on Octane (Sirius Channel). I am a sucker for epic rock (the kind with the strings or orchestras or just full in sound) and this song delivers. Can't say that for the rest of their CD though. Sure glad we live in the age of downloading a single track.

9. Melody Gardot, Les Etoiles-Lite Jazz. Sometimes Jazz tends to suck, (Kenny G) but this does not.

10. Taylor Swift, Back to December- The thing I like about Taylor, besides the fact she creates good music, is the fact that she sings about what she should be singing about. She remains appropriate to her age and I think it will give her longevity.

11. Erykah Badu, Tyrone- I love Ms. Badu. This is an older song discovered in my old Itunes folder and it's on the list for 2011. Plus, it's funny

12. Cee-Lo Green, F**k You- Stress reliever for the car or home only. Do not sing to clients.


No comments:

Post a Comment