Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Reading List (Pool Edition)

The gift of the Kindle has been the greatest thing I've been given by my husband. I have made myself take time to read and learn to enjoy books and allow myself the escape. The following books are what I've read or been reading so far this summer by the pool.


This book angered me. I won't lie. I got it because I figured I might learn some new stories for tours and some new historical information. Holy hell was I wrong. I figured on reading about Laura Schaffer (the actual version) and the Female Stranger as they are well known stories, but I was not prepared to read my and my fellow guides freaking tours. I think he went on a tour and tape recorded someone....just not sure exactly which guide(s)..going to start shadowing to find out.


Ok, the next book is not anything I would ordinarily pick up. I don't do well with the Young Adult books (Twlight and Harry Potter are major suck fests) but something about this one made me download it. I'm glad I did! It was a fascinating book, I could barely put down. So different and the premise was interesting. I don't know if I will go see the movie version as they tend to ruin books, but maybe. I am going to get the next two books in the trilogy when I get paid. Highly recommend.


I'm currently reading this book. I heart Jen Lancaster. She's funny and snappy and when I read her books, I swear it's like reading myself. If you like light and fluffy reads and like to laugh at lot (I mean, the character moves into Jake Ryan's house..how can you not love 16 candles) this is great chick lit. Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment