Friday, July 22, 2011

"Satan, Satan Lend Me a Dollar..."

The temps remain at 100 degrees outside at 9:00 PM. I'm trying to stay positive as I can pretty much stay in the AC all day but the minute I spent getting in and out of my car to reach a building was hell. The irritating thing for me is the loss of income due to the fact I can't physically do tours. My body can't physically function in temps over 90. I may sound whiny, but you try having heat stroke. Not fun. At all. (I had one last summer . I don't remember anything of that day except I walked a 5K that was followed by a migraine and black out..scary stuff)

I thought going to the pool would be refreshing, but one minute swimming in lava and I was done. Seriously, if I'm going to take a hot bath, I'd much prefer one in my clean tub and not in a cement hole with screaming kids and make out couples. (Side Note, I think the apartment should keep the pool "Swim at Own risk" after 8 for kid free enjoyment- at least then something would justify them raising the rent 100 bucks)

Heatapalooza continues through the weekend. I guess it's going to be a relaxing one of holding down the couch under my snuggie and laughing at my apartment complex who thought it would be cheaper to make us pay for gas and water instead of the central air that I (and probably several neighbors) have cranked at a soothing 60 degrees. Suckers.




No comments:

Post a Comment