Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday (?) Playlist

The selection below has made it painfully obvious that I have been stressed to the max and on an emotional roller coaster. Between getting two 20 million dollar schools out of the ground, punching out a vascular center and finishing up a National Guard Warehouse, I have been working quite a few hours. Also, moving down to Richmond and being put on no less than five cluster[blanks] made for a very moody me. I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit and I do love my Christmas music supply. So enjoy the eclectic Stress mix below.

1. Rammstein-"Mein Land"- German is a harsh language. Rammstein is hard music. Good when you are quite angry.

2. Rammstein- "Du Hast" Du Hast mich?

3. Casting Crowns- "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" Not one of the more common songs, but I love this arrangement.

4. Ashleigh Summerville, " The Huron Carol"- I prefer Leahy's version, but the only way to hear it is to pay $50 bucks to go to the concert as they failed to release a Christmas CD this year. Hopefully next year. Regardless, this song is a very pretty alternate version to the Christmas story. (Don't chase me with fire and pitchforks..it was written for a Canadian tribe in words they would understand so instead of the wise men bringing "Gold and merr", they brought "Bear and Beaver pelts")

5. Skillet- "Awake and Alive"- Skillet sucked when they first started. I don't even think that could describe it well. The change and improvement is impressive.

6. Pitbull- "Give me Everything Tonight" - Don't judge me.

7. Britney Spears- "Criminal"- Don't hold it against me.

8. System of a Down- "Chop Suey", "Toxicity"- Old School hard rock. Again, great when you're angry.

9. Cee-Lo Green- "Forget You"- yeah...you know I don't listen to this version. I won't even pretend that I do. But sing this at the top of your lungs in the car and tell me if you don't have a smile on your face at the end. Oh you can't, because you do.

10. Christine Peri- "Jar of Hearts". Stress for me equals melancholy when I'm not mad. This song is so simple and just gorgeous.

11. Adele- "21" Yeah I'm just going to put the whole CD. You can't just listen to one song. Best CD of the year straight up!

12. Christopher Titus- "Neverlution"- Titus for President, please. Buy this CD. Comedy Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment