Monday, December 26, 2011

Good Riddance 2011. 2012 Bring it!

2011. You sucked. Straight up. Peace.

Goals for 2012:

1. Get rid of a huge portion of debt. Credit cards..here's looking at you. Student Loans..you too.

2. Lose weight. I spent my 20s bitching about being fat. I don't want to repeat that in my 30s.

3. Keep a positive attitude at work. People are idiots. This is a fact. I will accept it and work around them.

4. Read 30 books. I only read 10 in 2011. Which was actually an improvement and I thank my Kindle for that but I can do better.

5. Reddit less. The website is a time suck. I'll spend the time I was redditing and work out.

6. Eat less carbs and drink less pop (soda). The Fat Head movie was an eye opener and further studies personallu on how the USDA screwed us in the food pyramid is disheartening.

7. Try to find time to Volunteer. I'm no longer doing tours, therefore my evenings are free.

8. Focus on fleshing out the novel that I have been perennially talking about for years.

9. Leave the apartment and explore Richmond.

2 comments:

  1. 2 posts in 2 days? So proud! Very good aspirations. How I wished you lived here and we could exercise together! I should totally keep track of how many books I read. I did that one summer and was amazed! And I bet it does feel like you have a lot of time on your hands without doing the second job! Does it feel different pay-wise or does it even out living in a cheaper area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...I miss that income desperately...
    adjustments have had to be made. The cheaper area is nice but I also took an 8K a year paycut and won't have my salary back until October next year. It hurt. I also had to pick up my car payment that the previous company had been paying.

    I wish you lived here as well. I miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete