Monday, September 19, 2011

I Get By With a Little Help from My Friends

I think I have been in a state of denial that we are actually moving. The most I had done is pack, I hadn't really thought much about the actual moving part. Until Saturday. We drove down to Richmond to sign the lease on the new place and as soon as I started signing those papers, it hit me- Holy Shiz, we are moving to Richmond!

Last night allowed me to forget about that and have a good time. My dear friend Heidi (with the help of the sexy house boy Richard;) ) put together a fantastic dinner for me and our closest friends. I am so glad I decided to start doing The Alexandria Colonial Tours Ghost and Graveyard tour 4 years ago. I have had the extreme honor of working with the greatest boss one could have and I have worked the streets with the most talented, inspiring and fabulous people in Alexandria. Quite a few have become my dearest friends and I will miss them, although Richmond isn't that far so I'm sure I'll see them pretty regularly. Also, do not be alarmed when the reports of a huge unemployment boom among the Alexandria PD begins (however, as Larry has pointed out, they've probably already notified Richmond of my imminent arrival). Oh joy!

Anyways, I guess it's back to filling cardboard boxes and prepping two very anal brats ..err..cats..for a two hour car drive. Ugh..two hours of whining. Does anyone have some tranquilizers so I don't leave them on the side of I-95 somewhere?

Also, I would like to give a special shout out to a beautiful person who I've shared a lot with in the last two years: Don't stop believing and keep the faith.





No comments:

Post a Comment